[Python-ideas] Minor tweak to PEP 8?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed May 11 05:50:42 CEST 2011

"Carl M. Johnson"
<cmjohnson.mailinglist at gmail.com> writes:

> Can we all at least agree that continuation lines should always be at
> least one space more indented than the parent line?

At least one standard (four-column) indentation level further than the
opening line.

If you think you need to break that so your multi-line string will have
the right content, think again: use the ‘textwrap.dedent’ function
<URL:http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2504411/proper-indentation-for-python-multiline-strings/2504454#2504454>.

--
 \           “Drop your trousers here for best results.” —dry cleaner, |
  `\                                                           Bangkok |