[Python-ideas] Minor tweak to PEP 8?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue May 10 23:35:16 CEST 2011

Mike Graham <mikegraham at gmail.com> writes:

> For this actual rule, I am -1, as I think this is too limiting.

And often results in hideous code :-)

I'm −1 also. Please don't make the indentation of continuation lines
dependent on the content of the opening line.

> Sometimes the indentation is too far and the best style is
>
>      self.other_thing.some_long_method_name(
>         foo,
>         barMightBeSortOfLongNaturally,

I assume you meant a four-column (not three-column) additional indent.

+1 if so, this matches the indentation style I advocate for continuation
lines.

--
 \       “I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not |
  `\    our children's children, because I don't think children should |