[Python-ideas] Linking Doug's stdlib documentation to our main modules doc.

Alexander Belopolsky alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 04:52:56 CET 2011

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 10:53 PM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> ..
> That said, with the BDFL and the current docs maintainer both in
> favour of the proposal, discussion should really be moving more
> towards "How?" rather than "Whether or not?".

How?  Instead of "pervasive linking"  add a link to a "See also"
sections of the modules for which PyMOTW in the opinion of the editor
(meaning committer who adds the link) is a valuable addition to the
official documentation.  Note that this is the same approach as we
currently take with respect to source code links.  We don't add them
pervasively, but only in cases when the source code is deemed useful
to the target audience.