[Python-ideas] anonymous object support

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 02:02:33 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 2:52 AM, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> On Jul 24, 2011, at 09:03 AM, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>
>>Also, every one believes there own favorite feature to be so important
>>that it's worth changing the language, but they don't want to grant
>>that to anybody else's favorite feature... :-)
>
> This reminds me of the poll you conducted at a keynote, many Pycons ago.  You
> first asked "who thinks the language is changing too quickly?"  Lots of hands
> went up.  Then you asked (probably paraphrasing) "who has a feature they think
> needs to go into Python?"  Lots of the same hands went up. :)

Heh, I used the exact same point as my first section heading when
blogging about some of the reasons I think python-dev is the way it
is: "Python evolves too slowly! You're changing the language too
fast!" (http://www.boredomandlaziness.org/2011/04/musings-on-culture-of-python-dev.html).

Cheers,
Nick.