[Python-ideas] Adding "Typed" collections/iterators to Python

Devin Jeanpierre jeanpierreda at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 02:46:43 CET 2011

Hm, I made a lie. That isn't the point I was trying to make. Or
rather, I made two points at once originally, and the second one
contradicted the first one :)

(I stated that strong vs weak is dumb, and then I said Python was
weakly typed. I meant to say "in the sense that Agda is strong", but I
guess I screwed that one up)

*sigh*.

It's perfectly possible to say that Python is strongly typed, with a
self-consistent definition of "strongly typed". It's also possible to
say that it's weakly typed, with another self-consistent definition.
There is no _standard_ definition. The definition that Agda uses is
not the definition that Python uses.

I think people tend to choose the one that is least likely to call
their favorite language "weak".

Devin