[Python-ideas] i18n and Python tracebacks

Bruce Leban bruce at leapyear.org
Sat May 15 21:36:46 CEST 2010

I think it's important as Antoine notes to preserve the ability for code to
read and interpret the error messages. If changes are being made here (after
the moratorium presumably) it would be nice if the changes made it easier to
parse errors by explicitly delimiting the error message text rather than
requiring ad hoc parsing. Of course I'm saying "would be nice" rather than
offering a compelling argument here. My thought is that *if* changes are
being made here anyway then it's worth considering.

--- Bruce
http://www.vroospeak.com
http://jarlsberg.appspot.com