[Python-ideas] 'where' statement in Python?

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Wed Jul 21 11:48:33 CEST 2010

Nick Coghlan, 20.07.2010 15:27:
> having the question come up twice within the last month
> finally inspired me to write the current status of the topic down in a
> deferred PEP: http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3150/

Thanks for writing that up. I like the idea in general.

As for input from the "major Python implementations", we currently do
similar things internally in Cython for optimisation purposes, so a
syntactic 'where' clause with expression-local scope would be trivial to
implement on our side as most of the infrastructure is there anyway.

Stefan