[Python-ideas] IDEA: do not alter default SIGINT handling

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 15:34:46 CEST 2009

Georg Brandl wrote:
> Nick Coghlan schrieb:
>> [Greg]
>> [ryles]
>>> it doesn't work on Windows XP.
>> It is, indeed, Windows. (I didn't realise the *nix based OS's didn't
>> have this problem - an artifact of mostly using Python on Windows,
>> despite the fact that I do my development *of* Python on Linux).
>
> But looking at timemodule.c, there's lots of code that says it's there
> for "Ctrl+C" events/interruptions on Windows. Did that work at any time?

Actually, it looks like it works with a modern version of Python (I just
checked with the 2.6 install on my home Windows machine).

My work environment is stuck on 2.4, which is comparatively ancient
these days - it would appear someone fixed this particular gripe while I
wasn't looking :)

I guess that means we can scratch that as an example use case then...

Cheers,
Nick.