[Python-ideas] IDEA: do not alter default SIGINT handling

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Mon Sep 14 00:34:12 CEST 2009

El Sun, 13-09-2009 a las 14:32 -0700, Chris Rebert escribió:
> On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 2:25 PM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> <snip>
> > If we could break the syntax of "print" statements, I'm sure we
> > can also find a satisfactory compromise for CTRL-C handling that
> > won't affect more than 0.1% of existing Python programs.
>
> What does the print syntax have to do with this? You know it became a
> regular function in Python 3, right?

Yes, I do.  What I meant is that changing the behavior of SIGINT would
introduce negligible incompatibilities compared to the things that were
changed in Python 3.0.

By this, I'm not implying that SIGINT handling must absolutely be
changed NOW.  It can certainly wait until the next major revision of the
language, if one is planned.