[Python-ideas] Anonymizing the PyCon review process

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Nov 4 20:36:59 CET 2009

Jesse Noller wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 4:41 PM, Terry Jones <terry at jon.es> wrote:
>
> ...mega snip ...
>> Terry Jones
>
> This is not the correct forum for this. If you have issues with the
> process, you can email me, as I am/was the acting committee chair for
> talks, Van Lindberg as the pycon chair, or the pycon-org, or pycon-pc
> lists.

I am not going to join the list but I have a couple of suggestions:

If you are going judge speakers, do so openly; perhaps even tell poor
speakers not to bother again. Proposals with multiple authors should
then have blanks for 'intended speaker' and 'alternate speaker' so the
right person can be judged.

Editors of professional journals read reviews for acceptibility before
sending them on to authors. Consider the same here.

Terry Jan Reedy