[Python-ideas] Revised**7 PEP on Yield-From

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Sat Mar 21 22:43:54 CET 2009

Jacob Holm wrote:

>     # This causes a StopIteration in iterator.next().  After grabbing
>     # the value in the "except StopIteration" clause of the PEP
>     # expansion, the "finally" clause calls iterator.close().

Okay, I see what you mean now. That's a bug in the expansion.
Once an iterator has raised StopIteration, it has presumably
already finalized itself, so calling its close() method
shouldn't be necessary, and I hadn't intended that it should
be called in that case.

I'll update the PEP accordingly.

--
Greg