[Python-ideas] Porting os.fork to Windows?

Sturla Molden sturla at molden.no
Wed Feb 18 11:10:27 CET 2009

On 2/17/2009 6:02 PM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:

> Could you post an entry on http://bugs.python.org, so that it doesn't get lost?

It's not a bug. If I register it as a bug, a lot of people might be annoyed.

I've looked more carefully at the tcsh fork now. It requires a special
version of malloc, as one must know the top and bottom of the heap. I
don't think msvcr71 (or whatever version) reports that. Second, I am not
sure how well it handles DLLs and memory mappings. But Cygwin's fork do,
so we could get inspiration form there.

S.M.