[Python-ideas] Making colons optional?

Riobard Zhan yaogzhan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 04:49:50 CET 2009

Hi Tim,

Thanks for pointing out the links. Actually I read the original thread
on python-list titled "why not drop the colons". But as I said in the
comments of Guido's blog post, the so called usability surveys did not
pop up any real data (we do not know how the surveys were conducted,
at what context, with what results, etc) to convince the original
proposer (and me). So I think we can probably discuss it. Things
change, right? :P Hope you don't mind that I bring up such an ancient
topic ...

Best,
Rio