[Python-ideas] [OT] Broken email tools

Daniel Fetchinson fetchinson at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 10 00:27:09 CET 2009

>> > No, it really doesn't. If you have a broken tool, please don't
>> > inflict its brokenness on others, especially if you *know* it's
>> > broken when you use it.
>>
>> Top posting isn't that big of an issue. Drop it, please.
>
> No bigger than other problems of poor human-to-human communication. I
> agree with Eric that it deserves apology, even if you don't think it's a
> big deal.

Did you actually make a survey of c.l.p users to determine what
fraction finds top posting poor human-to-human communication? My guess
is that below 31%. From the top of my head only one name comes to mind
who thinks top posting is at least sometimes appropriate: GvR.

Note: you are free to install software that will automatically delete
any post that is top posted and voila a, you will never be bothered
again. Why not do that?

Cheers,
Daniel