[Python-ideas] [Python-Dev] The Case Against Floating Point ==

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Sat Mar 15 00:34:12 CET 2008

Imri Goldberg wrote:

> == for regular floating point numbers now issues a warning, but still
> works. This warning might be turned off.

I think I would find it annoying to have to disable a warning
whenever I legitimately wanted to do a floating ==.

Also, having a global warning/no warning setting for the
whole program isn't really right -- whether a floating == is
legitimate is something that needs to be decided on a
case-by-case basis.

--
Greg