[Python-ideas] datetime module enhancements

Jim Jewett jimjjewett at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 02:17:06 CET 2007

On 3/12/07, Steven Bethard <steven.bethard at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

But it can still be <=, by being <.
I would personally be OK with just saying that (year, month, day)
sorts less than (year, month, day, ...) regardless of time, simply
because of the type -- but I admit that would be arbitrary.

> Fair enough.  My only point was that as long as __lt__ is defined,
> __le__ can throw a TypeError() and it won't break sorted().

Mea culpa.  I was mis-remembering, and thought that even this would
break because of sort stability.

-jJ