[Python-es] Compilar python a javascript

Kiko kikocorreoso en gmail.com
Dom Ene 9 17:42:51 CET 2011

2010/12/25 Jesus Cea <jcea en jcea.es>

> On 25/12/10 04:44, lasizoillo wrote:
> > 2010/5/26 Jesus Cea <jcea en jcea.es>:
> [...]
> >> No quiero aprender (más) javascript si puedo evitarlo.
> >>

> > 7 meses ha tardado papa noel en traer tu regalo:
> > http://syntensity.com/static/python.html
> >
> > 2.6 Mb de javascript quizá es un precio alto a pagar, pero es
> > exactamente de lo que hablabas en el mail de mayo. Pero no solo eso,
> > sino de pasar todo lo que se pueda compilar como llvm a javascript.
>
> Sabía que todo el karma que he ganado a lo largo de los años arreglando
> máquinas con MS Windows de los amigos iba a servir para algo... :).
>
> Gracias por el enlace. Lo estudiaré tras las orgías (de comida) navideñas.
>
> - --
> Jesus Cea Avion                         _/_/      _/_/_/        _/_/_/
> jcea en jcea.es - http://www.jcea.es/     _/_/    _/_/  _/_/    _/_/  _/_/
> jabber / xmpp:jcea en jabber.org <xmpp%3Ajcea en jabber.org>         _/_/
>  _/_/          _/_/_/_/_/
> .                              _/_/  _/_/    _/_/          _/_/  _/_/
> "Things are not so easy"      _/_/  _/_/    _/_/  _/_/    _/_/  _/_/
> "My name is Dump, Core Dump"   _/_/_/        _/_/_/      _/_/  _/_/
> "El amor es poner tu felicidad en la felicidad de otro" - Leibniz

En este debate de linkedid se habla un poco de este tema (creo que
necesitaréis tener cuenta):
http://www.linkedin.com/groupItem?view=&gid=25827&type=member&item=26771737&qid=f8b76d5d-1b99-4c42-9c57-6b1133465af4&goback=.gmp_25827(Why
python is so bad for web front end ?)

Un extracto del debate:
"To take the most of value out of this discussion, I'm listing some
interesting Python projects that tend to bring front end to Python (or
Python to frontend):
* Luban (http://docs.danse.us/pyre/luban/sphinx/<http://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdocs%2Edanse%2Eus%2Fpyre%2Fluban%2Fsphinx%2F&urlhash=0ZVL&_t=tracking_disc>)
sophisticated and young UI framework, willing to unify UI programming, still
have to demonstrate that it plays well with web frameworks

* pyjamas (http://pyjs.org/<http://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpyjs%2Eorg%2F&urlhash=Z8xC&_t=tracking_disc>)
: a port of gwt, very smart, with will to unify ui programming like Luban,
but not too supported like this discussion shows ;) , pyjamas may be hard to
extend for newbies

* pyvascript (
http://www.allbuttonspressed.com/blog/django/2010/07/PyvaScript-Pythonic-syntax-for-your-browser<http://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eallbuttonspressed%2Ecom%2Fblog%2Fdjango%2F2010%2F07%2FPyvaScript-Pythonic-syntax-for-your-browser&urlhash=ddez&_t=tracking_disc>)
: a python inspired langage for the browser, playing well with other
javascript framework (especially jquery)

* toscawidgets (http://toscawidgets.org/<http://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftoscawidgets%2Eorg%2F&urlhash=dC7d&_t=tracking_disc>)
: a patchwork of various, rather incomplete javascript frameworks wrappers,
built on top of turbogears -- latest news 2008

* mochikit :(http://mochikit.com/<http://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmochikit%2Ecom%2F&urlhash=Ps-i&_t=tracking_disc>)
: a javascript framework inspired from python

* coffeescript (http://jashkenas.github.com/coffee-script/<http://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fjashkenas%2Egithub%2Ecom%2Fcoffee-script%2F&urlhash=fTlr&_t=tracking_disc>)
: funny initiative to make javascript look like Python, early development,
supposed to play well with other js libs

* skupt (http://www.skulpt.org/<http://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eskulpt%2Eorg%2F&urlhash=vWYW&_t=tracking_disc>)
: radical approach of python right in the browser, very beta

* ironpython (http://www.voidspace.org.uk/ironpython/silverlight/index.shtml<http://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Evoidspace%2Eorg%2Euk%2Fironpython%2Fsilverlight%2Findex%2Eshtml&urlhash=p5m3&_t=tracking_disc>)
: only for .net, Python in the browser with silverlight, early stage but
promising

* diesel framework
(http://dieselweb.org/lib/<http://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdieselweb%2Eorg%2Flib%2F&urlhash=8gmM&_t=tracking_disc>)
suppose to provide a UI package, but no clue about it"

En general todo el hilo es interesante.

Saludos.