[Python-Dev] PEP 594: Removing dead batteries from the standard library

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu May 23 15:32:08 EDT 2019

What would _really_ help is getting the groups that maintain each dead
parrot to collaborate on a "Python Legacy release" that adds back anything
with a maintainer to the stdlib of the current Python version.

Even that will demand large resources, and if it's to be organised in a way
that doesn't involve lots of dev time then perhaps the PSF could be
involved? I presume the Steering Committee are the people to consider
directions like this.

Steve Holden