[Python-Dev] PEP 594: Removing dead batteries from the standard library

Sebastian Rittau srittau at rittau.biz
Tue May 21 07:47:36 EDT 2019

Am 21.05.19 um 13:39 schrieb André Malo:

> So what I hear is, this battery is definitely not dead, which is what the
> PEP is all about.
> it's just half charged (or discharged, depending on your POV), so to speak.
>
> Substitute: "none" should read pypi then?

Every single module on this list will have some users. To me the
question is: Are there enough users to justify the extra burden on the
maintainers, but also users not using that package? (The latter will
have to download the package, have it installed on their systems, it
makes it harder to find other things in the documentation etc.) If there
not many users left, I believe these should either vendor the last
official package or to band together to maintain the package themselves
on pypi.

  - Sebastian