[Python-Dev] PEP 578 accepted

Christian Heimes christian at python.org
Tue May 7 16:26:17 EDT 2019

Hi,

Steve and I worked on the final touch of the PEP during PyCon. PEP 578
[1] is now ready. As the BDFL delegate I'm honoured to accept Steve's PEP.

There is a very slim possibility that the PEP implementation might need
adjustment for Linux. I haven't got feedback from a Red Hat engineer
that works on Linux Kernel Auditing team. Everybody is busy with RHEL 8
release and the Red Hat Summit in Boston. I don't anticipate any changes
to the PEP itself. After some consideration I decided to accept PEP now
to give Steve enough time to push and test his implementation. There is
sufficient time to address issues until the first release candidate of
3.8.0.

Thanks Steve, it's been a privilege to work with you!

Christian

[1] https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0578/