[Python-Dev] A request for PEP announcement format [was: PEP 570]

Jonathan Goble jcgoble3 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 23:24:57 EDT 2019

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 11:11 PM Stephen J. Turnbull <
turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp> wrote:

>  >
> https://discuss.python.org/t/pep-570-Python-Positional-Only-Parameters/1078
>
> (sorry, case changed for emphasis so clicking won't work)

Clicking actually did work for me. Not only is that portion of the link not
case-sensitive, but it doesn't even matter what it is or if it's present at
all. https://discuss.python.org/t/pep-570-fgfdgfdgdfgd-parameters/1078 and
https://discuss.python.org/t/1078 both lead to the same thread, but if I
change the number at the end to 1077, I get a different thread.

So the system only uses the number at the end to identify the thread, and
the text is strictly for the benefit of human readability and not parsed by
the server. File that in the "probably useless information" category of
your brain. ;-)

*goes back to lurking*