[Python-Dev] Asking for reversion

Davin Potts python+python_dev at discontinuity.net
Sat Feb 23 23:09:03 EST 2019

I have done what I was asked to do:  I added tests and docs in a new
PR (GH-11816) as of Feb 10.

Since that time, the API has matured thanks to thoughtful feedback
from a number of active reviewers.  At present, we appear to have
stabilized around an API and code that deserves to be exercised
further.  To get that exercise and because there are currently no
outstanding objections, I am merging the PR to get it into the second
alpha.  There will undoubtedly be further revisions and adjustments.

During this effort, I have received a surprising number of personal
emails expressing support and encouragement from people, most of whom
I have never met.  Your kindness has been wonderful.

Davin