[Python-Dev] Another update for PEP 394 -- The "python" Command on Unix-Like Systems

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Thu Feb 14 02:08:48 EST 2019

On 2019-02-13, 23:33 GMT, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> Perhaps.  I just don’t think Python 4 is anything but distant
> vaporware.  There’s a cost to freaking everyone out that
> Python 4 is coming and will be as disruptive as Python 3.
> Calling Python 3.9+1 Python 4 feeds into that FUD for no
> reason that I can tell except for an aversion to two digit
> minor version numbers.

Is this relevant to the discussion at hand? We are talking about
the binary /usr/bin/python3 which will be surely be provided
even by Python 4, won't it?

Matěj
https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl at ceplovi.cz
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

Reading after a certain age diverts the mind too much from its
creative pursuits. Any man who reads too much and uses his own
brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking, just as the
man who spends too much time in the theater is tempted to be
content with living vicariously instead of living his own life.
  -- Albert Einstein to The Saturday Evening Post, October 1929