[Python-Dev] Asking for reversion

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 06:28:49 EST 2019

On Wed, 6 Feb 2019 at 05:17, Neil Schemenauer <nas-python at arctrix.com> wrote:
> My gut reaction is that we shouldn't revert.  However, looking at
> the changes, it seems 'multiprocessing.shared_memory' could be an
> external extension package that lives in PyPI.  It doesn't require
> changes to other interpreter internals.  It doesn't seem to require
> internal Python header files.

The desired dependency in this case goes the other way: we'd like this
in the standard library so that other standard library components can
use it, and it can eventually become part of the "assumed baseline"
that the reference Python interpreter offers to projects building on
top of it.

Cheers,
Nick.