[Python-Dev] git history conundrum

Chris Withers chris at withers.org
Sun Apr 28 17:55:10 EDT 2019

On 28/04/2019 22:21, Robert Collins wrote:
> Thank you!

Thank me when we get there ;-) Currently in Dec 2018 with a wonderful
Py2 failure:

ERROR: test_autospec_getattr_partial_function
(mock.tests.testhelpers.SpecSignatureTest)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "mock/tests/testhelpers.py", line 973, in
test_autospec_getattr_partial_function
     autospec = create_autospec(proxy)
   File "mock/mock.py", line 2392, in create_autospec
     for entry in dir(spec):
TypeError: __dir__() must return a list, not str

Once we're done, I'll need a username/password that can write to
https://pypi.org/project/mock/ ...

> If I understand correctly this is just the hg style branch backport
> consequence, multiple copies of a change. Should be safe to skip those.

Yep, current script I've been using is here, high level highlighted:

https://github.com/cjw296/mock/blob/backporting/backport.py#L102-L125

cheers,

Chris