[Python-Dev] Actor Model in Python

Jean-Paul Smets jp at nexedi.com
Sat Apr 27 12:02:02 EDT 2019

Hello,

ERP5 https://erp5.nexedi.com) implements the "Actalk" actor model in a
library called "CMFActivity". Processing (ex. financial transactions,
machine learning) can be distributed on a cluster of servers.

Actalk is interesting because it provides a way to unify and combine
multiple OOCP models within the same runtime, rather than being forced
to use only one.

 	* Actalk: http://www-poleia.lip6.fr/~briot/actalk/papers/PAPERS.html
 	* CMFActivity:
https://lab.nexedi.com/nexedi/erp5/tree/master/product/CMFActivity

Go channels concurrency model is ported to python:
https://pypi.org/project/pygolang/

Nexedi has plans to experiment a port of Actalk to Cython with GIL-less
concurrency.

Regards,

JPS.