[Python-Dev] Need help to fix HTTP Header Injection vulnerability

Wes Turner wes.turner at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 06:16:10 EDT 2019

1. Is there a library of URL / Header injection tests e.g. for fuzzing that
we could generate additional test cases with or from?

2. Are requests.get() and requests.post() also vulnerable?

3. Despite the much-heralded UNIX pipe protocols' utility, filenames
containing newlines (the de-facto line record delimiter) are possible:
"file"$'\n'"name"

Should filenames containing newlines and control characters require a kwarg
to be non-None in order to be passed through unescaped to the HTTP request?