[Python-Dev] No longer enable Py_TRACE_REFS by default in debug build

Steve Dower steve.dower at python.org
Tue Apr 9 16:16:29 EDT 2019

On 09Apr2019 0925, Victor Stinner wrote:
> This change makes the debug build ABI closer to the release build ABI,
> but I am not sure how to compare these two ABI. Technically, C
> extensions still need to be recompiled.
>
> What do you think?

What are the other changes that would be required? And is there another
way to get the same functionality without ABI modifications?

I think it's worthwhile if we can really get to debug and non-debug
builds being ABI compatible. Getting partway there in this case doesn't
seem to offer any benefits.

Cheers,
Steve