[Python-Dev] Deprecating "instance method" class

Jeroen Demeyer J.Demeyer at UGent.be
Fri Apr 5 16:09:48 EDT 2019

On 2019-04-05 21:58, Brett Cannon wrote:
> Then we can consider improving the documentation if there are
> performance implications.

Sure, we could write in the docs something like "Don't use this, this is
not what you want. It's slow and there are better alternatives like
method descriptors". Should I do that (with better wording of course)?

> since we don't have nearly as good of a deprecation setup as we
> do in Python code.

I don't get this. One can easily raise a DeprecationWarning from C code,
there is plenty of code already doing that.

Jeroen.