[Python-Dev] Question about PEP 484

Sebastian Rittau srittau at rittau.biz
Tue Jul 17 12:55:41 EDT 2018

On 17.07.2018 17:05, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> This is a good point. I presume specifying this unambiguously would be
> a huge amount of work, and it would mostly codify mypy's current
> behavior. I don't think that's within the scope of PEP 484, but it
> could well be done as a separate PEP (perhaps an informational one?).
> I hope you understand that I am not volunteering.
An informational PEP sounds about right to me. Such a PEP could also
include style recommendations like those from typeshed's CONTRIBUTING
file (https://github.com/python/typeshed/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md).

I guess I just volunteered to help with such a PEP, although I feel that
someone from mypy's core team should take the lead on that. And if I
understood this thread correctly, the pytype team is also willing to
help out?

  - Sebastian