[Python-Dev] LibreSSL support

Christian Heimes christian at python.org
Thu Jan 18 14:15:03 EST 2018

On 2018-01-18 19:42, Wes Turner wrote:
> Is there a build flag or a ./configure-time autodetection that would
> allow for supporting LibreSSL while they port X509_VERIFY_PARAM_set1_host?

X509_VERIFY_PARAM_set1_host() is a fundamental and essential piece in
the new hostname verification code. I cannot replace
ssl.match_hostname() easily without the API. There might be a way to add
a callback, but it would take a couple of days of R&D to implement it.
It won't be finished for beta1 feature freeze.

Christian