[Python-Dev] Python startup optimization: script vs. service

George King gwk.lists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 11:12:48 EDT 2017

Fair, but can you justify your preference? From my perspective, I write many small command line scripts, and all of them would benefit from faster load time. Am I going to have to stick mode-setting incantations at the top of every single one? I occasionally write simple servers, and none of them would suffer for having the first request respond slightly slowly. In many cases they have slow first response times anyway due to file system warmup, etc.