[Python-Dev] Proposal: go back to enabling DeprecationWarning by default

Joao S. O. Bueno jsbueno at python.org.br
Tue Nov 7 22:27:11 EST 2017

Sorry - trigger happy on the previous message.

On 6 November 2017 at 05:09, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
> I still find this unfriendly to users of Python scripts and small apps who
> are not the developers of those scripts. (Large apps tend to spit out so
> much logging it doesn't really matter.)
>
> Isn't there a better heuristic we can come up with so that the warnings tend
> to be on for developers but off for end users?

So, I don't know who is the "Jose Bueno" mentioned in the first message - :-)
I just conveyed a concern from the Brython developers, as I follow the
project -
and I'd rather have my terminal clean when using programs.

Making some thing when one does "python setup.py  develop" to flip the
switches so
that the deprecation warnings get turned on might be a nice idea, and
overall help people, tough.

  joao bueno
  -><-