[Python-Dev] Why doesn't Python's _multiprocessing.SemLock have 'name'?

Wen Yaobin robin.wyb at gmail.com
Thu May 18 14:52:11 EDT 2017

Hi,

This is not a general Python question but about a specific detail: *Why
doesn't Python's _multiprocessing.SemLock have 'name'?*

I posted the question on Stack Overflow but so far haven't got any
response. The link is here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/44036757/why-doesnt-pythons-multiprocessing-semlock-have-name

This mailing group might be a better place to ask because the question is
about the internal implementation.

I don't want to paste the question text in the email body because I
included source code which might get mal-formatted when pasting. Sorry for
the inconvenience.

*Could anyone help me on the question?* I would appreciate it!! This
doesn't affect any of my work but I am really curious about the reason.

Best,
Yaobin