[Python-Dev] python docs

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 10 15:37:12 EDT 2017

On 10/05/2017 15:53, Ethan Furman wrote:
> Not sure where to ask about this, so I'm asking here.
>
> In the on-line docs, at the very bottom of a page, in fine print, is a
> link: _Find a bug?_  Following that link leads to a short page with some
> advice on how to handle it.  Under the second heading [1] is this
> paragraph:
>
>> If you’re short on time, you can also email documentation bug reports
>  > to docs at python.org (behavioral bugs can be sent to
> python-list at python.org).
> noticed,
>  > though it may take a while to be processed.
>
> Why is python-list the place to send behavioral bugs to?  It's been my
> experience that folks there will (rightly) ask the individual to file a
> bug on the tracker.
>
> --
> ~Ethan~
>
> [1] https://docs.python.org/3/bugs.html#documentation-bugs

Saves even more reports on the grounds that "Python can't do floating
point properly".  I don't know if it's calmed down now, but there used
to be 3 or 4 a year.  They were, as always, very politely referred to
the FAQ, or similar.  Multiply that up by a multitude of newbie problems
and the triagers would be swamped.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence