[Python-Dev] Speeding up CPython 5-10%

zreed at fastmail.com zreed at fastmail.com
Wed May 18 12:50:09 EDT 2016

Your criticisms may very well be true. IIRC though, I wrote that pass
because what was available was not general enough. The stackdepth_walk
function made assumptions that, while true of code generated by the
current cpython frontend, were not universally true. If a goal is to
move this calculation after any bytecode optimization, something along
these lines seems like it will eventually be necessary.

Anyway, just offering things already written. If you don't feel it's
useful, no worries.