[Python-Dev] Yearly PyPI breakage

Stefan Krah stefan at bytereef.org
Tue May 3 15:06:12 EDT 2016

Hello,

Could someone enlighten me which hoops I have to jump through
this year in order to keep pip downloads working?

Collecting cdecimal
  Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement cdecimal (from
versions: )
No matching distribution found for cdecimal
You are using pip version 7.1.2, however version 8.1.1 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command.

If this continues, I'm going to release a premium version that's
50% faster and only available from bytereef.org or Anaconda.

Stefan Krah