[Python-Dev] C99

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 06:24:26 EDT 2016

Hi,

> Funny. Just two weeks ago I was helping someone who discovered a
> compiler that doesn't support the new relaxed variable declaration
> rules. I think it was on Windows. Maybe this move is a little too
> aggressively deprecating older Windows compilers?

I understood that Python only has a tiny list of officially supported
compilers. For example, MinGW is somehow explicitly not supported and
I see this as a deliberate choice.

I'm quite sure that all supported compilers support C99.

Is it worth to support a compiler that in 2016 doesn't support the C
standard released in 1999, 17 years ago?

Victor