[Python-Dev] 3.6 branch is now open for 3.6.1

Ned Deily nad at python.org
Wed Dec 7 03:11:40 EST 2016

OK, rc1 is now out the door.  Thanks to everyone who helped resolve the remaining release blocker issues.

As of now, the code base for 3.6.0 final is frozen.  The 3.6 branch is now open for code that will be released in 3.6.1, the first 3.6 maintenance release.  As usual, that means bug fixes, security fixes, and documentation updates. Refer to the Developer's Guide for more information on the development cycle.  If you have any questions about whether a change is appropriate for a 3.6.x maintenance release, please ask.

http://cpython-devguide.readthedocs.io/en/latest/devcycle.html#maintenance-branches