[Python-Dev] Bytes path

Philip Jenvey pjenvey at underboss.org
Wed Apr 20 03:54:59 EDT 2016

Yes, in the 3.2 time frame there was a consensus that only bytes and their subclasses should be accepted. buffer support crept back into the posix module with the major changes in 3.3, likely by mistake. A couple new issues are proposed to remove these inconsistencies/regressions:

http://bugs.python.org/issue26754 <http://bugs.python.org/issue26754>
http://bugs.python.org/issue26800 <http://bugs.python.org/issue26800>

--
Philip Jenvey