[Python-Dev] VS 2010 compiler

Erik Bray erik.m.bray at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 20:00:09 CEST 2015

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 6:27 PM, Chris Barker - NOAA Federal
<chris.barker at noaa.gov> wrote:

> You can use "Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 4".
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8279
>

> Thanks. Last time I tried that route, it was for 64 bit py2.7. And it
> required some kludging of environment variables, and registry acces I don't
> have permission for.
>
> But it still may be the best bet. I'll give it a try when I have a chance.
>
> And this should be in the "official" docs...

For what it's worth, I've had good luck compiling *most* extension
modules on Windows using the gcc from MinGW-w64.

The big notable exception was that last time I tried compiling Numpy
with it I got a segfaulting Numpy.  But I never had a chance to
investigate why or if it's fixable.  My own extension modules work
fine on Windows when compiled in MinGW though.

Erik B.