[Python-Dev] PEP: Collecting information about git

Tim Delaney timothy.c.delaney at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 01:14:58 CEST 2015

On 13 September 2015 at 04:42, Oleg Broytman <phd at phdru.name> wrote:

>    There are too many things that I personally can do with git but can't
> do with hg. Because of that I switched all my development from hg to git
> and I am willing to help those who want to follow.

Slightly off-topic, but personally I'd love to know what those are. I've
yet to find anything in Git that I haven't been able to do at least as well
with Mercurial (or an extension), and there are things Mercurial
supports that I use extensively (in particular named branches and phases)
where the concept doesn't even exist in Git.

I switched all of my development to Mercurial, and use hg-git and
hgsubversion when I need to interact with those systems.

Tim Delaney