[Python-Dev] Conversion of a standard unicode string to a bit string in Python

Nemo Nautilius nemodevops at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 09:22:13 EDT 2015

Hi All,
I'm currently programming a set of crypto challenges in order to get a
deeper understanding of python and crypto. The problem is to break a
repeating key xor data (in a file). In order to do that I need a function
to calculate the hamming distance between two strings.  To find that one
needs to find the differing number of *bits* in a string. Any ideas on how
to manipulate the string at bit level?

This is my first time in writing a question to the mailing list so please
let me know anything that I need to keep in mind while asking questions.
Thanks in advance.

Gracias
Nemo