[Python-Dev] Preserving the definition order of class namespaces.

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Wed May 27 10:16:22 CEST 2015

On Mon, 25 May 2015 17:30:02 -0700
Larry Hastings <larry at hastings.org> wrote:

> So, in all three cases it's work that's been under development for a
> while.  These people did this work out of the kindness of their hearts,
> to make Python better.  As a community we want to encourage that and
> make sure these developers know we appreciate their efforts.  These
> people would be happier if the work shipped in 3.5 as opposed to 3.6 so
> it got into user's hands sooner.

I second that sentiment. But it strikes me that we're doing this
because our release frequency is completely inadapted. If we had
feature releases, say, every 6 or 9 months, the problem wouldn't really
exist in the first place. Exceptions granted by the RM only tackle a
very small portion of the problem, because the long delay before an
accepted patch being in an official release *still* frustrates everyone,
and the unpredictability of exceptions only makes things *more*
frustrating for most players.

Of course, it was pretty much shut down before:
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2012-January/115619.html

Regards

Antoine.