[Python-Dev] [python-committers] Reminder: 3.5 now has its own branch! "default" branch is now 3.6!

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Mon May 25 22:10:31 CEST 2015

On 05/25/2015 02:03 AM, Serhiy Storchaka wrote:
> Perhaps needed version bump in the default branch? I think now
> Misc/NEWS will have two modifiable sections - for 3.5 (bugfixes) and
> for 3.6 (new features).

That's a good point!  I've added a "3.6.0 alpha 1" section as you suggest.

That suggests more FAQs:

Q: When I check in just to the default branch (3.6), where should I put
my news items in Misc/NEWS?
A: There's a section for "3.6.0 alpha 1", put them there.

Q: When I check in to 3.5 and merge into to the default branch, where
should I put my news items in Misc/NEWS?
A: It should go in the same section (3.5.0 beta 1, beta 2, rc 1, etc).

I suspect I'll still have to do some cleanup in Misc/NEWS when we ship
3.5.0 final.  Isn't it always the way!

//arry/