[Python-Dev] PEP 492: async/await in Python; version 5

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu May 7 03:32:19 CEST 2015

> Sorry to send you on such a wild goose chase! I did mean the issue you
> found #21). I just updated it with a link to a thread that has more
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/python-tulip/tkinter/python-tulip/TaSVW-pjWro/hCP6qS4eRnAJ
> <https://groups.google.com/forum/#%21searchin/python-tulip/tkinter/python-tulip/TaSVW-pjWro/hCP6qS4eRnAJ>
> I wasn't able to verify the version by Luciano Ramalho. (And yes,
> extending all this to working with a subprocess is left as an exercise.
> It's all pretty academic IMO, given Tkinter's lack of popularity outside
> IDLE.)

On Stackoverflow pyside has gotten 40 questions tagged in the last 30
days, wxpython 70 in the last 30 days, pyqt 114 in 30 days, while
tkinter has gotten 101 in the last week, which would project to about
425 in the last 30 days.  So tkinter is being used at least by
beginners. There have been a few tkinter and python-asyncio questions.

--
Terry Jan Reedy