[Python-Dev] Use ptyhon -s as default shbang for system python executables/daemons

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 15:22:56 CET 2015

-Toshio
On Mar 19, 2015 3:27 PM, "Victor Stinner" <victor.stinner at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I think I've found the Debian discussion (October 2012):
> >
> > http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.devel.python/8188
> >
> > Lack of PYTHONWARNINGS was brought up late in the discussion thread
>
> Maybe we need to modify -E or add a new option to only ignore PYTHONPATH.

I think pythonpath is still useful on its own.

Building off Nick's idea of a system python vs a python for users to use, I
would see a more useful modification to be able to specify SPYTHONPATH (and
other env vars) to go along with /usr/bin/spython .  That way the user
maintains the capability to override specific libraries globally just like
with LD_LIBRARY_PATH, PATH, and similar but you won't accidentally
configure your own python to use one set of paths for your five python apps
and then have that leak over and affect system tools.

-Toshio