[Python-Dev] Unicode 8.0 and 3.5

Jim J. Jewett jimjjewett at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 16:17:48 CEST 2015

On Thu Jun 18 20:33:13 CEST 2015, Larry Hastings asked:

> On 06/18/2015 11:27 AM, Terry Reedy wrote:
>> Unicode 8.0 was just released.  Can we have unicodedata updated to
>> match in 3.5?

> What does this entail?  Data changes, code changes, both?

Note that the unicode 7 changes also need to be considered, because
python 3.4 used unicode 6.3.

There are some changes to the recommendations on what to use in
identifiers.  Python doesn't follow precisely the previous rules,
but it would be good to ensure that any newly allowed characters
are intentional -- particularly for the newly defined characters.

My gut feel is that it would have been fine during beta, but for
the 3rd RC I am not so sure.

-jJ

--

If there are still threading problems with my replies, please
email me with details, so that I can try to resolve them.  -jJ