[Python-Dev] cpython: Tighten-up code in the set iterator to use an entry pointer rather than

Serhiy Storchaka storchaka at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 15:29:34 CEST 2015

On 07.07.15 15:14, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> FYI, do we have any indication that Raymond even read the comment? IIRC
> he doesn't regularly read python-dev. I also don't think code review
> comments ought to go to python-dev; the commiters list would seem more
> appropriate? (Though it looks like python-checkins is configured to
> direct replies to python-dev. Maybe we need to revisit that?)

I would have commented on the tracker, if any issue number was
corresponded to this commit. I was not sure there is real crash until
trying to write a reproducer, the code just looked suspicious to me.

Another suspicious commit was changeset 637e197be547 [1]. Looks as
Raymond missed my comment on Python-Dev [2]. I still have no reproducer
for this particular possible crash, found example crashes also with 3.5
[3], this can be a consequence of other change.

[1] https://hg.python.org/cpython/rev/637e197be547
[2] http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.cvs/110808
[3] https://bugs.python.org/issue24583