[Python-Dev] Building on Windows - importlib.h changed

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pydev at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 23:49:47 CET 2015

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 4:09 PM, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm working on a patch for the Python launcher. I built Python
> (current tip, on MS Windows, with VS 2015), and I've just noticed that
> hg status shows:
>
>>>hg status -mard
> M Doc\using\windows.rst
> M PC\launcher.c
> M Python\importlib.h
>
> I didn't change importlib.h, and I don't see that the changes I did
> make would affect importlib. I presume I'm OK *not* including the
> importlib.h change in my patch?

Yes, importlib.h changes should never be included in a patch (it would
make the patch extremely huge for no benefit).  It's strange that
you're getting modifications, though; I can't reproduce on Linux (and
don't have quick access to Windows right now).  Make sure you're
definitely at tip, and if it's still changing please open an issue.

--
Zach